Just for Frida Fans

I'm going to Mexico City!!!!! Wohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
In the Palace of Fine arts there will be the biggest, most wonderful Frida exhibition ever!!!!! It will be held to celebrate Frida's centennial... with more than 350 pieces including oils, drawings, watercolors, lithographies, letters, photos and other stuff!!!!! I hope they allow pics to be taken...
I also want to go to her former home, Casa Azul which is now a museum. Wait for the pics next week!!! (i'm going next friday).

See pics here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/07/arts/design/07frid.html

Oh and before I forget, Thank you Amy for your kind and helpful words!!! I'll answer your mail personally ;)

Comments

Becky said…
Just from peeking in on your blog so many times I know this is going to be a great thing for you. A dream trip for you, Yes?
have a great time, and be inspired, as you do for me.
Smiles,
Becky
Bronwyn said…
I love your painting/illustration at the top of the page, the header.
Annie Patterson said…
Oh wow! How exciting! I can't wait to see your pictures. My husband is from Mexico but I haven't been there yet. I'm very interested in Mexican heritage and art.
Have fun!
~Annie
Lori said…
have a great time on your trip...
CCs Whimsies said…
Take me with you!
Sam I Am said…
oooo how fun danita!!!! can't wait to see your pics when you get back!!! take a ton for me..k?? :)
hugs...sandy
Flor Larios Art said…
Hola Danita,
Yo se que esto fue en el 2007 pero solo queria decirte que a mi me encanta Frida tambien. Yo fui a una exposicion de La Frida en Nueva York hace un tiempo y me gusto muchisimo estar tan cerca de sus cuadros es una experiencia lindisima como supongo la tuviste vos. Siempre estoy chequeando tu blog, es muy bonito igual que tu arte. A proposito puse un bid en el cuadro de la sirenita y esoy esperando con muchas ganas la copia del que te compre hace unos dias.
Hasta pronto,
Flor

Popular Posts